Updated: February 15, 2019
- Personal data we collect or process, including from our website AxePaxe.com (the “Site”);
- How we use the data;
- Processing of your data;
- With whom we may share the personal data;
- Your European privacy rights and choices;
- California disclosures;
- Retention Periods and protection of your data;
- Children’s privacy;
- Information about international transfers;
- Links to other sites;
- How you can contact us.
Personal Data We Collect or Process
The Site also collects information that you provide to us voluntarily. AxePaxe collects the information that you provide to us when you sign up to receive newsletters or contact us by email. We may ask you to provide information when you register, subscribe, or create an account, contact us for customer service purposes, or otherwise interact with the Site. We use this information only to respond to your comments, requests or questions. We also collect and store certain personal data and information when you shop on our Site.
We may also collect search information, meaning the terms or keywords you search for when using the Site, other sites you visit, and other online activity. We may also collect location information, including country, state/province, city, or zip code, as well as precise location data and associated time of day, if you use our Site on a device that permits the transmission of your location data. We may also collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect and record information from the devices you use to access our Site, such as your IP address, operating system type or mobile device model, mobile device identifiers, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to our Site and the website you visit after you leave our Site. We may also use third party services, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how visitors interact with our website and to help improve our user experience. Google provides additional privacy options regarding cookie use described at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
How We Use the Data
We use the personal data we collect to respond to your inquiries, provide or enhance the services you request, operate and improve our Site, allowing payment processing and order fulfillment, analyze and understand how you use the Site, provide you with customer service, perform our contractual and legal obligations, inform you of new services or changes in services, administer the Site including fraud prevention, to fulfill legal obligations we have to governmental authorities or other third parties, and for other legitimate business purposes. AxePaxe distributes newsletters and other publications to customers and friends from time to time. If you wish to unsubscribe from any newsletter or promotional materials, please contact us by email at mailto:email@example.com.
Processing Your Personal Data
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
With Whom We Share Personal Data
AxePaxe is a provider of products and services headquartered in the United States, and as such may need to share information with internal personnel located in different geographic locations in order to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations. We may also share, as controller or as processor, your personal data to third parties (within or outside your country of residence) who perform services on our behalf, including without limitation our technology providers, administrative and support personnel and providers, professional advisors and translators.
We may disclose information (within or outside your country of residence) if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary by law or the legal process, or to protect and defend our or others’ interests or property. Your information may be transferred to another entity (within or outside your country of residence) in connection with a merger or reorganization.
Your European Privacy Rights and Choices
If you reside or otherwise find yourself in the territory of Europe, we are committed to facilitate the exercise of your rights granted by the European Data Protection law, sometimes referred to as the GDPR. Otherwise you can contact us at any time to discuss your privacy concerns.
Privacy rights under the European data protection law include:
- Transparency and the right to information. Through this policy we explain how we use and share your information. However, if you have questions or need additional information you can contact us at any time.
- Right of access, restriction of processing, erasure. You may contact us to request information about the personal data we have collected from you and to request the correction, modification or deletion of such personal information, which requests we will do our best to honor subject to any legal and contractual obligations. To make a request or to ask us a question about our data practices, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to withdraw your consent at any time. When we process your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
- Right to object at any time. You have the right to object at any time to receiving marketing or promotional materials from us by either following the opt-out instructions in commercial e-mails or by contacting us, as well as the right to object to any processing of your personal data based on your specific situation. In the latter case, we will assess your request and provide a reply in a timely manner, according to our legal and contractual obligations. Some non-marketing communications are not subject to a general opt-out, such as communications about transactions and disclosures to comply with legal requirements.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to data portability of your own personal data by contacting us.
- Right not to be subject to an automated decision, including profiling. We do not make automated decisions using your personal data that may negatively impact you.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes your privacy rights according the European Data Protection law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the member state of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement.
California Information-Sharing Disclosure: California residents may request a list of all third parties with respect to which we have disclosed any information about you for direct marketing purposes and the categories of information disclosed. If you are a California resident and want to request such a list, please send us a written request by email to email@example.com with “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line.
Retention Periods and Protection of Your Personal Data
We retain the personal data we collect for so long as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected, to perform our contractual and legal obligations, and for any applicable statute of limitations periods.
We take reasonable administrative, physical and technical precautions to protect your personal data and communications between us. This includes, when required or as we deem appropriate and feasible under the circumstances, written commitments from third parties that may have access to your data that they will protect the data with safeguards that are substantially equivalent to those used by AxePaxe. No Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free, however. We therefore cannot guarantee absolute security of your data, and we are not responsible for processes and networks that we do not control and for unauthorized access to information by those who have gained access through illegal means.
Our Site is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 18 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
Information about International Transfers
Links to Other Sites
Occasionally AxePaxe may include links to third party sites on its Site. The inclusion of any link does not imply that we endorse the products and services offered at such linked site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies which we encourage you to review. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
How you can contact us
To make a request or to ask us a question about our data practices, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, you may contact us at:
2870 Peachtree Road #909
Atlanta, Georgia 30305